Thursday, September 9, 2010

'She has to make her own bed': Katie Holmes insists Suri is no spoiled Hollywood brat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPnGCz0jUBsendofvid

[starttext]

By Daily Mail Reporter

Hollywood mum: Katie Holmes is raising Suri to be responsible and hard working


She's one of the most famous children in the world, living a jet-setting life full of privilege and luxury.

But Suri Cruise is far from the indulged child one would assume her to be.

According to mum Katie Holmes, Suri has duties and responsibilities just like any other child.

And Katie makes sure her daughter takes care of those things every single day.

'We travel a lot, and so for me, it's keeping a daily schedule for Suri that never changes,' she tells Marie Claire magazine.

'We wake up, and we do the same thing. She does her chores. I think it's very important.'


Little fashionista: Suri is definitely not a Hollywood brat, says mum Katie


Hollywood mum: Katie Holmes is raising Suri to be responsible and hard working
And Katie makes sure her daughter takes care of those things every single day.

'We travel a lot, and so for me, it's keeping a daily schedule for Suri that never changes,' she tells Marie Claire magazine.

'We wake up, and we do the same thing. She does her chores. I think it's very important.'

And the actress believes that with structure and responsibility in her life, Suri is a far happier child than she would be if she were left to her own devices.

'If she doesn't get her chores done, I notice she's not nearly herself,' says Katie.

'She has to make her bed, she has to take her dishes to the sink, she has to put her clothes in the laundry - you know, that basic stuff.'


Out on the town: Katie and Tom out in New York


The Dawson's Creek star was had a traditional Catholic upbringing as the youngest child of five children.

And she is determined to instill the same old-fashioned values in her three-year-old daughter.

Katie says: 'I try to do what my mom did for me... just spending time with her, making doll clothes and planting in the garden.'


Close knit family: Katie, Tom and Suri never spend more than a week and a half apart


Katie's mother was an excellent seamstress - and she's convinced Suri has inherited her gift.

She told New York Magazine last month, 'I grew up the youngest of five, so there were a lot of hand-me-downs that I would sort of change up

'And Suri and I do that now with her clothes. Or rather, she does it. She says, "I want this sleeve cut," and it's like, "Okay, we'll cut it."'

Suri is known as one of the best-dressed celebrity children, and parents Tom and Katie insist that the little girl is very strong-willed about her clothes and what she wears.

'She picks out all of her own clothes and has since she was one-and-a-half,' Katie tells New York magazine.

'I started making clothes for Suri when she was born, designing dresses, and then having seamstresses sew them, because I don't sew very well.

'As a child, I was always drawing clothes, and I've always loved fabrics, and when Suri was born, I wanted to have certain things be from me and created just by me for her.'

Katie has complete confidence in her four-year-old's sense of style, even allowing her daughter to pick out clothes for Kate to wear on the red carpet.

'Tom and I went to the Met ball a couple of years ago, and I had this beautiful red gown and these royal-blue shoes that I wasn't planning on wearing, but Suri made me put them on and so I was like, "Okay, I trust you."'




source: dailymail

[endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment