Friday, September 10, 2010

She's made the cover of Vogue, but Carey Mulligan's not famous enough for Glee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_VZSKvV11Yendofvid
[starttext]

By Tamara Abraham

Fame game: Carey Mulligan told Vogue that she'd been turned down for a cameo appearance in Glee


Gracing the cover of Vogue surely a sign you've made it. And for rising starlet Carey Mulligan, it's a real coup.

But the An Education star has revealed that she was turned down when she asked to appear in hit musical comedy Glee.

She told the magazine: 'I want to be in Glee, but I'm told I'm not famous enough to be a cameo.'

The actress, who appears on the October cover of the U.S. title in Chanel haute couture, is promoting Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, in which she co-stars with real-life beau Shia LaBeouf.

But she revealed that they never attend red carpet events together.

'Posing on the red carpet feels like you're selling something that has nothing to do with you,' she said.

'If you do it with someone else, it's like we're saying: "Oh! We come as a pair! Would you like to buy both of us? We're available for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs."'


Low key: The actress revealed that she and boyfriend Shia LaBeouf never attend red carpet events together


In fact she makes effort to shy away from the limelight as she feels that too much fame might hinder her career.

'I want people to not recognise me, to think I’m a different actress, not remember me from what I did previously,' she explained.

'If people have all those other pictures and stories associated with you, it means they have to work harder to believe you as a character.'


Haute couture: Mulligan's look was created by legendary Vogue stylist Grace Coddington


Mulligan's look for the shoot, which took place in the south of France, was created by legendary stylist Grace Coddington, who arguably stole the show in the September Issue fly-on-the-wall documentary about the magazine.


Cover girl: Mulligan's Chanel couture dress was so tiny, it had to be clipped at the back


And in the selection of dresses from the autumn haute couture collections, the 25-year-old looks more sophisticated and grown-up than we have seen her to-date.

But modelling the highly covetable garments was a far less glamorous experience than she anticipated.

'The cover dress was very pretty but wouldn't go over my arse,' she told the Daily Express.

'Sample sizes are very, very tiny. I'm actually wearing a towel around my waist and the bottom is clipped up because I couldn't fit.'

But she's not about to start dieting to fit into size zero gowns. She told Vogue that when she was at her thinnest, she couldn't perform as well.

'I went down to 112 pounds and realized my brain doesn’t work when I’m that thin, so I can’t do my job,' she said.

'That’s why, when I came out here, I never had that whole Hollywood pressure thing. I never said I wanted to be a lead actress; I never said I wanted to be a film actress.

'This need to trump everyone bewilders me. I’m only 25. I’m not better than anyone. I just want to watch other people and learn to be good.'

The October issue of U.S. Vogue will be available to buy from Monday



source: dailymail

[endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment